INSTAGRAM | @AUNT_HANK

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Post it





As cheesy as it may be I have to credit apple somewhat for my growing interest into photography.  I always incorporated photography as a reference tool for my work in other mediums, printmaking in particular, but it is only recently that I've started to approach a photograph as a means to an end.   With the camera availability that Iphone presented (and all the editing apps), I began to treat it like a visual post-it note.  I started snapping all kinds of things that caught my eye to reference later for projects i had in mind and it enabled me to tease out themes that surround my work with warped speed.  Anyway, here are a few shots that i took from where i spiraled out and here represents some themes that I'm still teasing away at.  These all have to do with capturing water and air elements that forever capture my imagination.  

No comments: