INSTAGRAM | @AUNT_HANK

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Post it





As cheesy as it may be I have to credit apple somewhat for my growing interest into photography.  I always incorporated photography as a reference tool for my work in other mediums, printmaking in particular, but it is only recently that I've started to approach a photograph as a means to an end.   With the camera availability that Iphone presented (and all the editing apps), I began to treat it like a visual post-it note.  I started snapping all kinds of things that caught my eye to reference later for projects i had in mind and it enabled me to tease out themes that surround my work with warped speed.  Anyway, here are a few shots that i took from where i spiraled out and here represents some themes that I'm still teasing away at.  These all have to do with capturing water and air elements that forever capture my imagination.  

Post a Comment